CV for Christoph Luchsinger
- Born on November 25th, 1968
British and Swiss Citizen
- 1975-1981: Schmerikon and Männedorf Primary School
- 1981-1983: Männedorf Secondary School
- 1983-1987: MNG-Rämibühl High School in Zürich ("type C, Matura")
- 1987-1988: Training courses in insurance with VITA life insurance company in Zurich (now Zürich-Leben)
- 1988-1993: Study of Mathematics, Computing and Actuarial Theory at the University of Zurich (Masters Degree)
- 1993-1999: Doctoral candidate at the University of Zurich with Prof. Dr. A.D. Barbour. Research stays at universities in Australia and New Zealand in the summer of 1995, Ph.D. in Mathematics (1998/1999)
- 2000-2000: Ph.D. courses in Econometrics, Micro- and Macroeconomics at the Gerzensee Study Center (no diploma)
- 1984-1986: Worked on alps, building sites and in the packaging industry in the holidays
- 1987-1989: IT-Operator with VITA life insurance company in Zurich (now Zürich-Leben)
- Since 1998: President of the board & Managing Director of Luchsinger Mathematics AG, now acad.jobs AG (Founder & Owner)
Mathematics and lecturing:
During my Masters Degree and Doctoral studies, I spezialized in Statistics, Financial
Mathematics, Actuarial Theory and Econometrics. My dissertation was on mathematical models of a
tropical disease. I gave classes in Statistics and Applied Probability and carried out
statistical consulting for academic research staff and customers in industry. I was in charge of
the following seminars and lectures, each running for a 4-month period (seminars 2, lectures 3-4 hours per week)
- Seminar on Financial Mathematics, for students of Mathematics (Winter 1997/1998)
- Introductory Seminar on Time Series Analysis, for students of Mathematics (Summer 1998)
- Seminar on Experimental Design, for students of Mathematics (Winter 1998/1999)
- Seminar on Computational Biology, for students of Mathematics (Summer 1999)
- Lecture: Introduction to Mathematical Finance for students of Mathematics (Winter 1999/2000)
- PhD-Seminar in Econometrics, for PhD-students of Econometrics (Summer 2000)
- Lecture: Empirics I, Part 1 (Statistics I), for students of Economics (Winter 2000/2001)
- Lecture: Empirics I, Part 2 (Statistics II), for students of Economics (Summer 2001)
- Lecture: Linear Algebra, for students of Economics (Winter 2001/2002)
- Lecture: Applied Probability for students of Mathematics (Summer, later Spring 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013)
- Lecture: Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for students of Mathematics (Winter 2002/2003 - 2006/2007 and Autumns 2007-2014)
- Lecture: Statistical Methods for students of Mathematics (Summer, later Spring 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011)
- ad hoc Crash Course in Statistics for Neuroscience Center Zurich, University of Zurich for PhD-students of Science/Medicine (Summer 2003 - 2016)
- ad hoc Mini-Course in Biostatistics, University of Zurich for PhD-students of Science/Medicine (Summer 2006)
- Lecture: Probability Theory for students of Mathematics and others (Spring 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Lecture: Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology for students of Mathematics and others (Autumn 2011)
- Lecture: Analysis for students of Science (Autumn 2012 - 2019)
- Lecture: Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for students of Science (Summer, later Spring 2005 - 2019)
- Introduction to Mathematical Finance, Script (in German), 2000.
- Applied Probability, Script (in German), 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013.
- Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics, Script (in German), 2003, 2004 - 2014.
- Statistics, Script (in German), 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011.
- ad hoc 5 day Crash Course in Statistics, Script (in English), 2003, 2004 - 2014.
- Mini-Course in Biostatistics, Script (in English), 2006.
- Probability Theory, Script (in German), 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.
- Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology, Script (in German/English), 2011.
- Analysis for Natural Science Students, Script (in German - based on Book by H.H. Storrer), 2012, 2013 - 2018.
- Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for Natural Science Students, Script (in German), 2005, 2006 - 2019.
- Poissonapproximation in stochastischen Netzwerken. Diploma thesis University of Zürich, Supervisor Prof. A.D. Barbour, 1993.
- Thresholds and initial growth rates in a model of parasitic infection. The Annals of Applied Probability, 1996, Vol. 6, No. 4., with Barbour, A.D.; Heesterbeek, J.A.P. (PDF document)
- Mathematical models of a parasitic disease. Inaugural dissertation University of Zurich, Supervisors Prof. A.D. Barbour and Prof. D. Mollison, 1999. (Program-Code)
- Stochastic models of a parasitic infection, exhibiting three basic reproduction ratios. J Math Biol 42 (2001) 6, 532-554. (PDF document) (Program-Code)
- Approximating the long term behaviour of a model for parasitic infection. J Math Biol 42 (2001) 6, 555-581. (PDF document)
- Mathematikstudium und Berufe für Mathematiker in der Schweiz, in "Berufs- und Karriere-Planer Mathematik 2003", 403-405, Vieweg Verlag, 2003.
- Mathematiker/innen und Statistiker/innen und die Unternehmerische Selbständigkeit, Swiss Statistical Society-Bulletin Nr. 49, Oktober 2004, p 3-5, 2004.
- Mathematikstudium und Berufe für Mathematiker in der Schweiz, in "Berufs- und Karriere-Planer Mathematik 2006/2007", 397-399, Vieweg Verlag, 2006.
- Der Umwandlungssatz der 2. Säule muss angepasst werden, p 9, Zürich 2, 2009.
- Durchsetzung der Gesetze, NZZ Do 20170223 Page 9, 2017.
- Several articles in Schweizer Monat 2018-2019.
- Fallout predictions in nuclear explosions. Classified Report for Swiss Air Force (at Institute for Military Security Technology (ETH Zurich)), 2000.
- Salary Review Actuaries, Zurich & Basle, 2004. Classified Report - for participating Companies only, 2004, with Rene Locher
- Web Indicators for Portfolio Management [Management Summary (4 p) & Summary (16 p)], Manuel Dubler, Diploma Thesis University of Zurich, 2004
- Kodierungstheorie und Kryptographie, Christian Urech, Abschlussarbeit an der Rudolf Steiner Schule Basel, 2004/2005
- Automatisierte Kategorieeinteilung von Ausschreibungen einer Online-Stellenbörse, Carlo Manco, Einzel-Bachelorarbeit an Zürcher Fachhochschule, HSZ-T Hochschule für Technik Zürich, Studiengang Informatik, 2011
Radio / TV:
- Swiss National TV, Main News, August 4, 1994, 1994
- Probability of Success in Euromillions, DRS 1, Friday morning, 3rd February 2006, 2006
- Probability of Success in Euromillions, Tele M1, November 10, 2006, 2006
- Worked on:
- Windows, Mac and UNIX-Environments
- Programming languages:
- C; little Basic, Pascal, Modula 2
- Statistics packages:
- S-PLUS/R; little Minitab, Excel, SPSS
- Text processing systems:
- Web technologies:
From 1988-1998, regular military service in the Air Force, and later on research work at the
Institute for Military Security Technology (ETH Zurich), where I
carried out the computation of fallout predictions in nuclear explosions (type: ground zero).
- A little Italian
- A little Russian
Hobbies and interests:
Christoph Luchsinger, the Politician
Chris Luchsinger was a member
of the parliament of the city of Zurich for the FDP.Die Liberalen from 2014-2018. FDP.Die Liberalen is the founding party of
Switzerland, in power since 1848, making us the longest governing political party in the entire world. Switzerland is a success story - it is our
Member of (among others) Scientific Organisations:
Webmaster: Christoph Luchsinger / email@example.com