CV for Christoph Luchsinger
- Born on November 25th, 1968
British and Swiss Citizen
- 1975-1981: Schmerikon and Männedorf Primary School
- 1981-1983: Männedorf Secondary School
- 1983-1987: MNG-Rämibühl High School in Zürich ("type C, Matura")
- 1987-1988: Training courses in insurance with VITA life insurance company in Zurich (now Zürich-Leben)
- 1988-1993: Study of Mathematics, Computing and Actuarial Theory at the University of Zurich (Masters Degree)
- 1993-1999: Doctoral candidate at the University of Zurich with Prof. Dr. A.D. Barbour. Research stays at universities in Australia and New Zealand in the summer of 1995, Ph.D. in Mathematics (1998/1999)
- 2000-2000: Ph.D. courses in Econometrics, Micro- and Macroeconomics at the Gerzensee Study Center (no diploma)
- 1984-1986: Worked on alps, building sites and in the packaging industry in the holidays
- 1987-1989: IT-Operator with VITA life insurance company in Zurich (now Zürich-Leben)
- Since 1998: President of the board & Managing Director of Luchsinger Mathematics AG (Founder & Owner)
Mathematics and lecturing:
During my Masters Degree and Doctoral studies, I spezialized in Statistics, Financial
Mathematics, Actuarial Theory and Econometrics. My dissertation was on mathematical models of a
tropical disease. I gave classes in Statistics and Applied Probability and carried out
statistical consulting for academic research staff and customers in industry. I was in charge of
the following seminars and lectures, each running for a 4-month period (seminars 2, lectures 3-4 hours per week)
- Seminar on Financial Mathematics, for students of Mathematics (Winter 1997/1998)
- Introductory Seminar on Time Series Analysis, for students of Mathematics (Summer 1998)
- Seminar on Experimental Design, for students of Mathematics (Winter 1998/1999)
- Seminar on Computational Biology, for students of Mathematics (Summer 1999)
- Lecture: Introduction to Mathematical Finance for students of Mathematics (Winter 1999/2000)
- PhD-Seminar in Econometrics, for PhD-students of Econometrics (Summer 2000)
- Lecture: Empirics I, Part 1 (Statistics I), for students of Economics (Winter 2000/2001)
- Lecture: Empirics I, Part 2 (Statistics II), for students of Economics (Summer 2001)
- Lecture: Linear Algebra, for students of Economics (Winter 2001/2002)
- Lecture: Applied Probability for students of Mathematics (Summer, later Spring 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013)
- Lecture: Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for students of Mathematics (Winter 2002/2003 - 2006/2007 and Autumns 2007-2014)
- Lecture: Statistical Methods for students of Mathematics (Summer, later Spring 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011)
- ad hoc Crash Course in Statistics for Neuroscience Center Zurich, University of Zurich for PhD-students of Science/Medicine (Summer 2003 - 2016)
- Lecture: Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for students of Science (Summer, later Spring 2005 - 2017)
- ad hoc Mini-Course in Biostatistics, University of Zurich for PhD-students of Science/Medicine (Summer 2006)
- Lecture: Probability Theory for students of Mathematics and others (Spring 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
- Lecture: Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology for students of Mathematics and others (Autumn 2011)
- Lecture: Analysis for students of Science (Autumn 2012 - 2017)
- Introduction to Mathematical Finance, Script (in German), 2000.
- Applied Probability, Script (in German), 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2013.
- Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics, Script (in German), 2003, 2004 - 2014.
- Statistics, Script (in German), 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011.
- ad hoc 5 day Crash Course in Statistics, Script (in English), 2003, 2004 - 2014.
- Introduction to Probability Theory and Statistics for Natural Science Students, Script (in German), 2005, 2006 - 2016.
- Mini-Course in Biostatistics, Script (in English), 2006.
- Probability Theory, Script (in German), 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014.
- Introduction to Mathematical Epidemiology, Script (in German/English), 2011.
- Analysis for Natural Science Students, Script (in German - based on Book by H.H. Storrer), 2012, 2013 - 2016.
- Poissonapproximation in stochastischen Netzwerken. Diploma thesis University of Zürich, Supervisor Prof. A.D. Barbour, 1993.
- Thresholds and initial growth rates in a model of parasitic infection. The Annals of Applied Probability, 1996, Vol. 6, No. 4., with Barbour, A.D.; Heesterbeek, J.A.P. (PDF document)
- Mathematical models of a parasitic disease. Inaugural dissertation University of Zurich, Supervisors Prof. A.D. Barbour and Prof. D. Mollison, 1999. (Program-Code)
- Stochastic models of a parasitic infection, exhibiting three basic reproduction ratios. J Math Biol 42 (2001) 6, 532-554. (PDF document) (Program-Code)
- Approximating the long term behaviour of a model for parasitic infection. J Math Biol 42 (2001) 6, 555-581. (PDF document)
- Mathematikstudium und Berufe für Mathematiker in der Schweiz, in "Berufs- und Karriere-Planer Mathematik 2003", 403-405, Vieweg Verlag, 2003.
- Mathematiker/innen und Statistiker/innen und die Unternehmerische Selbständigkeit, Swiss Statistical Society-Bulletin Nr. 49, Oktober 2004, p 3-5, 2004.
- Mathematikstudium und Berufe für Mathematiker in der Schweiz, in "Berufs- und Karriere-Planer Mathematik 2006/2007", 397-399, Vieweg Verlag, 2006.
- Der Umwandlungssatz der 2. Säule muss angepasst werden, p 9, Zürich 2, 2009.
- Durchsetzung der Gesetze, NZZ Do 20170223 Page 9, 2017.
- Fallout predictions in nuclear explosions. Classified Report for Swiss Air Force (at Institute for Military Security Technology (ETH Zurich)), 2000.
- Salary Review Actuaries, Zurich & Basle, 2004. Classified Report - for participating Companies only, 2004, with Rene Locher
- Web Indicators for Portfolio Management [Management Summary (4 p) & Summary (16 p)], Manuel Dubler, Diploma Thesis University of Zurich, 2004
- Kodierungstheorie und Kryptographie, Christian Urech, Abschlussarbeit an der Rudolf Steiner Schule Basel, 2004/2005
- Automatisierte Kategorieeinteilung von Ausschreibungen einer Online-Stellenbörse, Carlo Manco, Einzel-Bachelorarbeit an Zürcher Fachhochschule, HSZ-T Hochschule für Technik Zürich, Studiengang Informatik, 2011
Radio / TV:
- Swiss National TV, Main News, August 4, 1994, 1994
- Probability of Success in Euromillions, DRS 1, Friday morning, 3rd February 2006, 2006
- Probability of Success in Euromillions, Tele M1, November 10, 2006, 2006
- Worked on:
- Windows, Mac and UNIX-Environments
- Programming languages:
- C; little Basic, Pascal, Modula 2
- Statistics packages:
- S-PLUS/R; little Minitab, Excel, SPSS
- Text processing systems:
- Web technologies:
From 1988-1998, regular military service in the Air Force, and later on research work at the
Institute for Military Security Technology (ETH Zurich), where I
carried out the computation of fallout predictions in nuclear explosions (type: ground zero).
- A little Italian
- A little Russian
Hobbies and interests:
Christoph Luchsinger, the Politician
Chris Luchsinger is a member
of the parliament of the city of Zurich for the FDP.Die Liberalen. FDP.Die Liberalen is the founding party of
Switzerland, in power since 1848, making us the longest governing political party in the entire world. Switzerland is a success story - it is our
Member of (among others) Scientific Organisations:
Webmaster: Christoph Luchsinger / email@example.com